Monday, February 16, 2009

DNA Results are INNN...Athena Is......

So a while back...well ever since i got Athena i have wondered what she is. My vet and most of my family and friends think Dobie/Shep.....well the DNA is in baby....Athena is....


The breeds listed on the certificate indicate those that were detected in your dog. They are reported as 5 possible levels to help you understand which breeds are more prevalent in your dog. A current list of the possible breeds detected by this test can be found at our website, www.vetdnacenter.com

Level 1: Over 75% of the DNA found in your dog is contributed from the breed listed
Level 2: Each breed listed contributed 37-74% of your dog's DNA composition
Level 3: Each breed listed contributed 20-36% of your dog's DNA composition
Level 4: Each breed listed contributed 10-19% of your dog's DNA composition
Level 5: Each breed listed contributed less than 10% of your dog's DNA composition

Dalmatian-2
Mastiff-3
German Shepherd Dog-4
Great Pyrenees-4
Yorkshire Terrier-4

Yorkie???Er....okay then....

Pics of the beast
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Molly said...

Dalmatian and Yorkie both make me laugh! I guess it shows how much you can trust those tests...

She's 100% cute regardless!

Larissa said...

All but the German Shepherd made me say "what huh?" LOL. Oh well it was fun to do anyway :) I was hoping it would confirm my dobie suspicions but no dice. oh well :)

Anonymous said...

Athena, what big ears you have!

StellaStar said...

Hey, I found your blog from TWAAW, and I just wanted to stop by and say that Athena is awesome! How did you get your doggie DNA test? I've been wondering what my puppy, Rufus, is ever since we got him. Although I don't really see the yorkie in Athena...