Monday, April 22, 2013

Moving forward....

It's been rough getting past not having Athena around keeping me company. She was such a big presence in my life and I still dearly miss her.

But last month I started thinking it was time for me to get a new dog. I miss having someone to go on walks with me and keep me on my toes and I miss training.

So after some chats with friends i got a text one after noon showing me this shaggy pup who looked so sad. The minute I saw him all I heard in my brain was "MINE"

He had come into Carson NV animal shelter as a stray and ended up in their inmate training program for a few weeks.

So Saturday my mom, maks and I drove up to Carson City to pick up a new puppy. He is SUCH a love and catches on quickly. Even knows his name already :).

Although Athena is gone she will never be forgotten ever.

Introducing Dieks! They think hes a labradoodle? or goldendoodle? who knows till he gets older. He is about 4.5mo old and 26lbs. He doesn't shed (yet anyway) and really is a quick learner. Dieks is such a laid back boy and really loves to cuddle and play with toys :) He has such a different energy then Athena, but I love it.





1 comment:

Molly said...

Sooo cute!!! Congratulations!