Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holy Shoes Batman

So after reading up on various types of shoes and how they fit etc. I started my journey for a new pair of good all around pair of shoes for my work out ventures... I had long talks with my friends at various fitness levels about my re occurring shin splints and the type of shoes i should get this time around. Since apparently i'm shoe stupid when it comes to running shoes. none i have bought in the past few years don't really work for me.

So off i go to look for a supportive, cushioned shoe. While waiting for my brother to get his hair cut i thought i'd stop into Sports Authority to see what shoes/clothes they have i couldn't live with out. As i walk down the isle of running shoes, squishing and bending all those i pass. I stop at a pink pair....Pink? i normally do not like pink and i resist the urge to pull my hand back. They feel pretty cushiony. I pull out my size and slip them on...... Holy cow oh my friggen god its like walking on PILLOWS!!! So i walk back and forth and around the shoe department seeing if they fit right etc. Put them back in the box and frown as i put my other shoes back on....they are not pillow shoes LOL.

Never thought i'd buy Pink Shoes. I've many color of shoes but never pink. I guess i always associated it with too girly so i stayed away.

That night when i got home i put them on and took Athena for a walk. i did about a half mile and relized that 1. i was walking pretty fast with no shin pain and 2. No hip pain either!

Maybe this whole working out thing can be comfortable after all. Maybe these shoes will be the ones that will help me get back into running and extend Athenas walks a few more miles each day. i swear i vow never to be shoe stupid again. And seriously i wish i could find just the insoles and put them in all my shoes esp my heels!

For the rest of my work out/ food planning. I've been good about sticking to watching my calories and for now walking Athena 4 miles a day (now i can do it faster woot). Its only been a couple of weeks but i' m already down a pound. I've started a written food diary as well and have been eating more fruits and veggies too. I have replaced my mid day coffee with a green ice tea. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

No comments: