Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Moods

It is amazing how much exercise or lack of exercise messes with your moods. After a new workout last Thursday i decided to take a few days off from my routine to let my confused aka sore muscles recover. So i spent the weekend doing yard work, planting my garden, moving soil around and playing with the dogs. I didn't notice until Sunday when i was trying to go to sleep at 10pm how crappy i felt and i couldn't fall asleep until about 2am. Come 7am Monday morning i was not in a good mood and my body was just not feeling the whole needing to work thing. I could feel my energy below the surface but it just wasn't full swing. I felt like i was looking at my energy at the bottom of the pool. So close yet so far away.

So when i got home i changed and set up my laptop turned on my favorite show and did 50 min of a hard workout that left me hot, sweaty and thinking I'm crazy. And afterward i felt great! I still didn't get to sleep until well after 1030pm, but i woke up feeling good and did not wake up once during the night. When the alarm went off i popped out of bed ready to go. I guess my body is getting into the swing of having a good workout. Lesson learned. No more then 2 days with out some sort of heart raising activity!

No comments: