Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays! This year I have a great surprise for my mom coming today. My auntie is flying out to spend Christmas with us. My mom and her have not spent a Christmas since I was 10! It's been hard to keep it quiet so long and hide the gifts I was suppose to mail out on Monday. But I get to pick her up tonight woot! My mom has absoultely zero idea shes on her way :) I love surprises like this.

And to Athena....the dog who's ears are now evil. After 4 weeks of very strong anti biotics she still has brown gunk :( So the vet wants me to keep cleaning then and put drops in for another week. I have been thinking back to when this whole issue started with her ears and realized it was shortly after getting the last bag of dog food. After doing some reading on the food I bought i found out they recently changed their formula...AGAIN. So after some thinking I decided to change her food. It's a little frustrating considering I don't feed the crappiest food on the market. Only grain free for my baby. I guess I should have expected as much from a company I switched from when Athena was still growing due to formula change. So after chatting with a friend who's dog had yeasty ears and her trails with dog food. I decided to switch from the Canadae grain free to Natural Balance Grain Free Duck and Potato. All the reviews are good and they have many different flavors I can rotate though. I'm just hoping this works. I know she hates having a gross ear and so do I! Thus far Athena seems to like the food. I'm mixing it half and half for right now, but Athena doesn't like that as she has been spitting out the old food in favor of the new LOL. So tonight I'll be tossing the last of the old food (about 2 cups) and using the new. *sigh* what we don't do for our kids.

OH and Athena had her 4th Birthday on the 20th! My big girl is growing up *sniffle*

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Molly said...

Happy holidays, you guys!!!! That picture is adorable. I hope the food switch works - I have definitey heard of food causing these things. Enjoy your aunt's visit!!!

Larissa said...

I'm just a little baffled on her ear issues. She's never had ear problems before. And the only thing I can think of is the food. Even the vet is perplexed LOL.

Give the doggies loves for me!