Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ugh I should have known.....

Yesterday at lunch i noticed a stitch was missing from Athenas wound...I didn't think anything of it she had a zoomie episode day before and thought it was from that. The skin was already mending so i just left it be....

I came home yesterday to her leg without stitches and hanging open...ugh Seriously???!!!! I called the vet at 4:57pm and they told me to come on in and they'd fix it up.

So she got staples this time. I love my dog, I love my dog, I love my dog...right? It's my fault really i should have gotten a cone but she went 4 days with no problems. I even left her over the weekend to do errands and she didn't touch her booobooo.

So now her leg looks like this:


And she is giving me a look like this when the cone is on...

I told my boss I brought her in so I could watch her and he was totally ok with that. I told him I didn't have her cone on because  she isn't licking at the site. He said I should keep it on her because I can't watch her 24/7. Which I understand and when I can't watch her I'll put the cone on, but she can't go in her crate with this huge plastic cone and she just stands there and whines. So I took it off and she is peacefully sleeping in her crate. Maybe at lunch when I go to get more calming pills I'll look for a soft cone so she feels less like the red headed step child!

I would like to say that I LOVE my vet and staff :)

2 comments:

Molly said...

Poor baby! Max has been intermittently in a cone lately for chewing on his tail. Little shit is good for days and then BAM he's made it icky again. Good thing they are so damn cute.

Larissa said...

They just like to give us grey hairs!! I did find some new calming pills that seem to be working! And i might order a soft cone. This one seems to stress her out more then help her. right now she is laying in her crate here at work being good as can be!

Poor Max :( Does he have allergies?