Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Schedules

It's amazing how altering your daily schedule puts a kink into your body. When i had to commute 25 miles each way i had a strict schedule. I lived on my own with no one to mess up my sleep schedule. My roommates kept to themselves. Now that i live with my mom its a whole other way of living. I got use to sleeping in to the last min then rushing around the house. Though Athena had me up by 5am every day i went back to sleep after i let her out in the back yard rather then taking her for a mile walk. I didn't realize how this messes with my energy and mental alertness though out the day. And now that i am on some migraine prevention pills that make me even more groggy if i don't eat or sleep, i decided i needed to get back on a schedule again.

So last night after getting home from Athena's training class. I wound down. Had some tea, watched my favorite show (NCIS) and got ready for bed. I was in bed and out light a light by 9:45pm. I set my alarm for 6am and told my self that Athena would go back to sleep if i ignored her.She needs to get back on a schedule as well. And when the alarm went off it woke both Athena and I up. I guess she was tried from class since she tries to get me up at 5am most days LOL. I let her out to potty and fed her and sat down with come coffee to read through the Safeway ad. To my surprise Athena came into the living room and curled up on the couch next to me instead of going back to bed with my mom, her granma. Of course i couldn't help cuddling her for a a few before getting into the shower and leaving early for work.

So far i'm feeling pretty good. Not sluggish or anything. I stopped by walfart to get some vitamins since i haven't taken any in a while and i thought that maybe another reason for my tiredness was not only the pills or lack of sleep, but maybe i was not getting what i needed out of my food. So Vitamins it is. I do not mind taking them since i use to take them daily and felt awesome when i took them. Silly body why must you be so complicated?

Over weekend i plan on sitting down and writing out my schedule. This will help me stick to my goals of working out and more importantly sleep.

No comments: