Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yay Me

After ~5 weeks of eating better and working out i can proudly say i lost 14lbs. Yay me! I know its probably water weight but i don't care i LOST weight and i get more determined every day! My clothes are starting to fit better too which helps motivate me more and more.

My friends and i have made a weight loss pack. We pay each other 1 dollar for every pound we loose by our FL girls trip August 6 of this year. Each week on Saturday we text each other pics of the scale showing our weight to keep track.Then come August we either give each other gift certificates to clothing stores or donate to our favorite cause. So at this rate I shall be rich by the time August 6 rolls around.

And after 2 weeks of rest Athena is back to her normal self, no limping and back to her frisbee crazy self. I'm relieved to say it was just a strained muscle.


Tonight after speaking to a few friends about my cardio options i was encouraged to start running again...slowly to let my shins catch up since i tend to get shin splints easy. So off to my favorite spot i got with Athena in tow. She was happy to have me running with her. Although i wish i could trot forever like she can. Maybe one day though. But for now I'm starting with 1 min running 2 or 3 min walking and did that for almost 1.5miles. Other then a little shin soreness i feel pretty good. I'm applying some ice for now and stretching before i hit the bed. Maybe this whole running thing will come back to me and I'll be out running miles with music and dog in tow again soon LOL. One can hope anyway....

And for those who like pics (i haven't posted many lately)

Athena practicing her down stays at a corner
Photobucket
A picture from the KFOG KaBoom Concert i went too a few weeks back
Photobucket
Athena with her Precious
Photobucket
And of her tongue
Photobucket

1 comment:

Molly said...

Great job!!! Glad to hear Athena is back in form as well - I'm sure she'll love running with you!