Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Injured Dog

How do you keep an injured dog quiet? You can't!

Sunday afternoon while playing Frisbee my brother noticed Athena's gate was off. So he stopped playing cooled her off and brought her in. Later that night she started limping and progressed into not using her back right leg at all. So Ice and rest time for the beast. She was not happy about that, but soaked up the sympathy like a pro from me and her grandma.

So yesterday i called the Vet. He said "is she whimpering?" No "Does she yelp when you move it?" No. "Is she putting any weight on it?" Sometimes...His prognosis? Keep her quiet, make her rest and no walks for at least a week and no frisbee for 2 weeks and if shes not getting better by Wednesday to bring her in. WHAT? 2 weeks???? Mind telling me how to keep her from her precious Frisbee to for 2 weeks????? He laughed at me and said "I'm sure you will figure something out."

So I am stuck watching her pee and making her walk around the yard when she really wants to run full force like normal. I'm glad i taught her the "Slow" command makes it a lot easier then having to leash her up in the yard. It is so pathetic watching her mope around the house and whine and mope and whine so more. But i refuse to take her for a walk when shes barely using her back leg. It's all i need is to carry a ~60lb dog for a mile or more ....though it would be a good work out LOL My nightly work out partner will have to stay home for 2 weeks. Guess i'll be going out before dark then since i don't have her to watch over me.

No comments: